We are writing to provide you with an update regarding changes to some of our COVID policies, particularly for Shabbat services and summer programming. We are also excited to move along in the planning for High Holy Days 5782, and your feedback to a few survey questions will be instrumental in helping us plan for the most meaningful, celebratory and safe experience for our whole community.
Based on the extremely low number of COVID cases in Howard County, coupled with a very high vaccination rate in our area, and the recent federal, state, and local health guidance, the Reopening Task Force has recommended the following changes effective immediately.
- Attendance maximum has been increased to 100 people indoors with no advance sign-ups required for Shabbat Services and other programming
- For all indoor programming and Shabbat services:
- Masks are required at all family programs where there will be children under the age of 12 in attendance.
- For programs that are unlikely to have participants under the age of 12 (including 8pm Shabbat services), masks are optional for those individuals who are vaccinated and will be required for anyone unvaccinated.
- For all outdoor programming and Shabbat service:
- When outdoors and social distancing is maintained, masks are optional for those individuals who are vaccinated and will be required for anyone unvaccinated.
- Attendees are encouraged to sit in pods and remain socially distanced from others.
- Weekly, modified onegs (pre-packaged and individual portions) will resume on Friday July 2, 2021
These changes reflect our continued commitment to reopen Temple Isaiah in a manner that accounts for the diverse needs of our community and in accordance with our Jewish values of Pikuach Nefesh (the preservation of life/health) Kehillah (the importance of being in community) and Achrayut (consideration of one’s responsibility towards others).
At this time, we are not making any changes to our guidelines for Temple Isaiah Preschool programming including Summer Fun Club and outdoor playdates.
We hope to see many of you at a Shabbat service or summer program soon.
We are still requiring masks for those visiting the building during the week, especially as our preschool campers are present in person.
As noted, we are very excited to plan for our full range of experiences to celebrate the High Holy Days 5782. Your feedback by completing this brief survey will be crucial in helping us prepare. Please complete this short survey as soon as possible.