When we began to plan for our congregation’s 50th Anniversary Celebration, we were mostly worried about the weather cooperating with us. Fortunately it did and all of our events were huge successes, with large attendance at all of them. But, we never, ever, anticipated that we would be affected by a pandemic which, literally, “shut down the world!”
With the hope of assuming some sense of normalcy, we are going to pick up where we left off and finish our celebrations, keeping in mind all precautions that the CDC recommends. So, instead of our 50th, we are now adding a “+2”. Please mark all of the dates on your calendars and join us for these special events.
If you would like to help out, we would welcome your participation on any of our committees, and if you would like to help to sponsor an event, we are still accepting donations as well. Just email me for more details.
I am looking forward to seeing you at many or all of our upcoming “50th+2” events.
Chairperson of Temple Isaiah’s “50th+2” Anniversary Celebration
Schedule of Events
- Early March — Distribution of our Tribute Book**
- March 4, 2022 — Special service honoring the 50th/50+2 Committee Chairpersons
- March 13, 2022 — Spamalot at Tobys Dinner Theater
- April 1 and 2, 2022 — Celebrating our Mid-Years (Friday dinner and service / Saturday Shabbat & Schmooze)
- May 6 and 7, 2022 — Celebrating Kulanu and our Preschool (Friday dinner and service / Saturday Shabbat & Schmooze)
- May 15, 2022 — A Pancake Breakfast for Kulanu and the Congregation (tentative)
- June 3, 2022 — Shabarbque sponsored by the TI Sisterhood before Services and a Special Oneg honoring Past Presidents and Past and Present Board Members
- June 5, 2022 — Special MatzohBall Run
- June 11, 2022 — Concluding Event — Special Celebratory Concert featuring Shir Isaiah and Special Guests
Keep an eye out for a special concert geared towards our youngest members (preschool and up), date to be determined.
* We will also continue our history segment, our Legacy Projects (Congregation and Preschool) and Publicity Committees which includes taping of specified events.
** We will continue to seek and accept business ads for the Tribute Book through December 2021.