SYTI Senior Youth of Temple Isaiah (8th–12th Grade)
Our senior youth group holds events throughout the year, with a focus on social programming and community service. All SYTI events are planned and led by Temple Isaiah teens with the support of their advisor. SYTI members also participate in regional NFTY (the national youth group of the Reform Movement) events throughout the year.
NFTY, the North American Federation of Temple Youth, is the youth arm of the Reform Movement. Originally founded in 1939, NFTY provides opportunities for Jewish teens to explore their Jewish identity, build powerful Jewish community, and develop significant leadership skills. Our synagogue is part of NFTY’s Mid Atlantic Region, NFTY-MAR, which is comprised of Maryland, DC, Virginia, and North Carolina.
All teens in grades 8–12 are eligible to attend any of our local events, and are also encouraged to join SYTI. Members receive free or significantly reduced rates to local SYTI events and are eligible to attend regional events. All of these programs are supervised by adults and programmed by teens so that they are safe, and there is always plenty to do.
2019–20 Event Calendar
- September 8 — Isaiah Fest
- September 15 — Next Dor Kick-Off and Teen Opportunities Fair
- September 20–22 — NFTY-MAR JELLO at Camp Airy, MD
- November 10 — NFTY-MAR Leadership Day, JCC of Greater Baltimore, MD
- December 8 — Hanukkah Party
- December 6–8 — NFTY-MAJYK, in Rockville, MD (for 6th–8th Graders)
- January 17–20 — NFTY-MAR Winter Kallah Southeast 4-H Educational Center, VA
- February 16 — Mitzvah Day
- March 13–15 — NFTY-MAR TheVent, Temple Beth Or, NC
- March 21 — Family Fun Night Havdalah (followed by Main Event)
- April 26 — Chopped (with HoCo Shaliach Shai Rubenstein)
- April 30–May 3 — NFTY-MAR Spring Kallah Camp Harlam, PA
- May 31 — Park Day
For more information about SYTI, contact Joanne Brazinski at 301.317.1101.